The Board’s primary objective is to establish purposes, programs and procedures, which will produce the educational achievement needed by students of the school system. The Board shall fulfill these responsibilities by functioning primarily as a legislative body to formulate and adopt policy and by evaluating the results.
In accordance with these principles, the Board shall seek to achieve the following goals:
- To provide leadership so that the goals and objectives of the school system can be effectively carried out;
- To conduct Board business openly, soliciting and encouraging broad-based involvement in the schools’ decision-making processes by the public, students and staff;
- To concentrate the Board’s collective efforts on its policy-making and planning responsibilities;
- To formulate Board policies which best serve the educational interests of each student and which conform to state and federal laws;
- To provide the superintendent with sufficient and adequate guidelines for implementing board policies; and
- To maintain effective communication with the public, staff and students in order to be aware of attitudes, opinions, desires and ideas.