WCHS library is excited to announce the addition of e-books to our collection.
These books are available on any computer or tablet that has internet access. Such devices include laptop computers, desktop computers, iPad, Android tablets, Kindle Fire*, and Nook Color* . Patrons wishing to check out e-books will need to get a username and password from the library.
How to access our e-books and audiobooks on an iPad or Android tablet:
1. Download the Follett Digital Reader App on your device.
2. You will need to enter WCHS's web address: http://wbb31857.follettshelf.com, your username and your password.
3. Once on the Follett Shelf app, you can browse books by title, subject, genre, etc. To check out a book, click on the "Check out more books" button. Tap the cover of the book and click "check out online," then "read now" if you would like to start reading your book right away.
4. To download a book for off-line viewing, tap the "Download" button to the right of the title. You have the option to move the books online again if you wish. Online reading allows you read your book on any device or computer while offline reading will only allow you to read your book on the device to which you download it.
How to access our e-books on a web browser:
for smartphones, computers, laptops, Kindle Fire, and Nook tablet
(*Because Kindles and Nooks have their own special app stores and configurations, the Follett Reader app will not work on them. You will have to access ebooks on these devices via a web browser.)
2. Enter your username and password (you will have to obtain these from the library).
4. When you find a book you like, you can sample it by clicking on the book cover image. This will not check the book out in your name, it will only let you read online. When you close the book, it will go back to the online shelf.
5. When you see a book you want to check out, click on the "i" in the corner. Find the green "check out" button and click. This will allow you to check out and read a book online for 2 weeks.
6. If you are at your home computer or laptop, you can install the Follett Digital Reader, which will download the book to your computer for off-line reading. If you do this, however, you will only be able to read your book on the computer to which it has been downloaded...so don't choose this option when you are at a public computer. The book will automatically return to the library after 2 weeks.
If you would like to check out the app, click the link below that corresponds to your device: