Free Microsoft Office 365
Office Download Instructions For Students and Staff
Office 365 for Students Over 13 Years Old
You can install on 5 Devices Free
This message is for all Warren County Schools students/teachers:
I suggest that you read this entire message before signing up.
Microsoft office and Office 365 are now available for all Warren County School's students/teachers FREE. This will allow staff and students to login on any computer with an internet connection and be able to use Word, Excel, One Note, and/or PowerPoint.
To get started:
1. Open a browser and login to your @warrenschools.com email.
2. Open a second tab in the same browser and go to this website www.office.com/getoffice365 (you will only do this once) enter your warrenschools email address and click Get Started. You can only use a @warrenschools.com email (everyone should have one), to sign up for office 365.
3. Next you will choose student or teacher. Next you will have to do some verification of contact info and then complete a form which will ask for a code that should have been sent to your email address.
4. Choose Skip on the next page “Invite More People”
5. The next page will show your account, choose next. It will take you to a page to enter a personal email or cell phone as a recovery option. Enter at least one or you can choose cancel to go past this page but it will continue to remind you until one option is set. If you don’t have either we suggest creating a personal Gmail account. Choose Verify or cancel.
7. You will be at your home page and see the option to download software or run the Office products from the web.
After successfully signing up from that point on you will go to this website www.office.com Opens a New Window. The “Orange Page” this will show what’s available.
If you choose to install it locally (at home or school):
To get the downloaded version from the Office 365 site Login to the Office365 webpage (www.office.com) with the email and password you used to setup your account. Once logged in, on the home screen you will see a drop down that says “Install Office Apps”. Click and choose to install the Office 365 application on your PC or laptop.
Chromebooks, ipads, iphones: Can login to www.office.com and run the online Office 365 apps only (word, excel, and powerpoint).
Office 365 can be installed on 5 different devices by logging into your office 365 account. We will revoke your licenses when you graduate or withdraw from this school system.
Instructions with Pictures
Open a browser and login to your Warrenschools.com email account. Open a second tab and go to www.office.com/getoffice365 web site. Enter your school email in the white box and click Get Started.
1. Choose student or teacher. From here it will send an email to your school email.
2. You will get a verification code sent to your Gmail account. Make note of the number.
3. Enter your name, create a password (you will not be able to use your email password), enter the verification code your received in Step 2, enter your birthday (you must be over 13) and click Start.
4. Skip this page.
5. Click Next
6. Setup one of the options to recover. This is a safeguard in case you lose your password. You can choose Cancel to bypass this page. If you don’t add a phone or personal email account this page will continue to pop when you launch the APPs but can be bypassed again. If you don’t have a personal email we suggest you create free Gmail personal account.
7. You will land at this home page and can open the web versions or download the applications on a PC or laptop by choosing Install Office Apps